*Frozen* Hokkaido Scallops (6pcs)
Sashimi grade Hokkaido scallops vacuum packed for freshness
How to prepare a delicious scallop appetiser at home?
Seared Scallops with Garlic Butter
Salt & Pepper
- Thaw scallops in the fridge.
- Dab dry with a paper towel and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil over high heat in a nonstick skillet. Once the oil is smoking, add scallops and cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.Flip scallops over and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or just until firm and browned.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate to rest.
- Reduce heat to medium and wipe-out skillet with a paper towel.
- Add garlic butter and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add white wine and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add scallops back to the pan and spoon sauce over top.
Ready to serve
Ensure oil is hot and scallops are dry before going into the pan.
Do not move or stir them until they have a golden-brown crust.
Sea scallops will need anywhere from 3-6 minutes to cook. If they're on the smaller side, they'll need closer to 3 minutes. If they're larger, they might need closer to 6 minutes.
To tell if scallops are cooked they should be just opaque. The texture should be slightly firm but still tender.