Arketa Pimientos del Piquillo
Roasted red peppers that are grown in the Navarra region of Spain. These peppers are known for their sweet and slightly smoky flavour, as well as their tender texture.
To prepare the peppers, drain and rinsed, and then gently warmed in a skillet or oven. They can be served as is, with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt, or they can be stuffed with cheese, meat, or other fillings.
Arketa Pimientos del Piquillo are a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, including:
Salads: The peppers' sweet and smoky flavor can complement the freshness of salads, such as a green salad with goat cheese and walnuts.
Sandwiches: The peppers can add a sweet and smoky flavor to sandwiches, such as a grilled chicken sandwich with roasted peppers and pesto.
Pasta dishes: The peppers' tender texture and sweet flavor can balance the richness of pasta dishes, such as a creamy fettuccine alfredo with roasted peppers.
Charcuterie boards: The peppers can be served alongside other cured meats and cheeses as part of a charcuterie board.
- Dressing- Whisk shallots, scallion and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice open the top of each pepper to create a pocket.
- Spoon cheese into peppers, dividing it equally among them.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat; coat with olive oil.
- Cook peppers, flipping once, until cheese begins to melt, about 30 seconds each side. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with parsley and thyme.
- Drizzle dressing over peppers and serve.